Finished Wraithknight, Crimson Fists and a special effects test
So, I'm starting off with some Space Marines that I've been asked to paint for someone, using a Crimson Fists colour scheme. For this, I started off a black primer, Kantor Blue basecoat, Nuln Oil wash, then drybrushing with Skink Blue for highlights. For the fists, I painted them using either Khorne Red or Mephiston Red. It seems to have worked well and I've just got another five models to paint up to finish that squad.
Next up, GW released the new 'special effects' paints and I ended up getting at least one of each (apart from the 'Agrellan Earth' basing paint, as I got two pots of that). The picture below shows the effect of applying the 'wash' called Typhus Corrosion over a basic Chaos Space Marine that was basecoated with Leadbelcher. This one does seem to do the job of creating a 'dirty' appearance for a model - I suppose I'll see what happens when I apply a wash of Seraphim Sepia over him to have a dull golden appearance.
I have tried using the Agrellan Earth paint, applied fairly liberally over a flyer's base and over a 60mm round base that I'm using for my Avatar, but it doesn't seem to have achieved a 'cracked' appearance (yet) - maybe if I let it dry for a few hours or days (or move the bases to a warmer area), the effect may be more convincing.
Finally, I've finished building/ painting the Eldar Wraithknight, equipped with the suncannon, scattershield, scatter laser and a shuriken cannon. For the rest of the Eldar, I've now got tons of models to go through, as I traded in all of my Dark Eldar for a relative crapton of extra Eldar. This is in addition to me buying the Crimson Hunter/ Hemlock flyer kit at GW yesterday. This means I have tons of Eldar to paint/ re-paint and many ways that those forces can go.