Belial, Grand Master of the Deathwing (slight conversion job)

Finally, I've finished one of the four Dark Angel HQ models that I have (the other three are the company master, librarian and the chaplain), namely Belial, Grand Master of the Deathwing. It's taken a bit longer than usual, as I decided to give him a bit of a conversion job. It's not too radical a conversion job, it's just replacement of the storm bolter and power sword arms with those wielding a thunder hammer and storm shield. I didn't do anything with the main body. Naturally, I used a Dark Angel thunder hammer/ storm shield set.
The reason for this was that when I played a game of 40k using CSM's against an all-Terminator Dark Angel force, I ended up charging my Helbrute into Belial. As Belial only had his 'fleshbane' sword for melee, he couldn't do anything to Helbrute but Helbrute smashed the seven bells out of him with his power fist. So, I decided that I would exercise one of the army list options and give him the thunder hammer/ storm shield combo (didn't cost any extra points) so he can fight back against that kind of enemy and be a bit more survivable with the better invulnerable save.
Right, enough words - here's the altered model.
I've also started painting/ building my Tau Pathfinder unit, with the main colours being red/ black, with orange as the sept colour. One model is built, nine more to go for my first Tau unit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marines and a Plague Marine

Last two Imperial Knights done and some fancy 32mm bases

Last two Skitarii vehicles, SW: Armagedon teams, Kataphron Breacher and Stormcast Eternals progress