Necron Destroyer Lord and CSM Chosen

So, that's me finally finished painting the 'Chosen' unit of Chaos Space Marines from the Dark Vengeance box set - which now just leaves me to make a start on doing the cultists, as well as a Chaos Lord of Khorne to go with the Chosen. It shouldn't take too long for that, as all I need to do is paint him up and put a new pair of lightning claws on him (which I've taken from the new plastic Raptor kit). I've got a Juggernaut mount for him, but I painted that model ages ago.
Here is the unit of 6 models. I painted the Chaos Lord earlier and painted the armour trim green, as I affiliated him to Nurgle. The Chosen have dark red trim, as they will be aligned with Khorne.
Now, one all-important model for my Necrons has been finished - a Destroyer Lord with warscythe and resurrection orb. I did have to do some slight alterations, as the model came with a staff of light and the resurrection orb arm would have gone on the same side as the warscythe. To fix that, I nabbed a warscythe & arm from a Lychguard model and put the metal resurrection orb arm on the wrong side (i.e. as a left arm instead of a right arm) but I don't think anyone will necessarily notice.

When painting the Destroyer Lord, to represent an older model, I went for a dull gold colour for the metallic areas, done in the same way as I did the main armour colour for my CSM's, with purple on one area, as something different.
Finally, I'm now getting a bit closer to finishing preparations on the super-heavy tank I bought last week, which had parts of the sponsons missing and I decided to fix that by making the missing parts from plasticard and bits - I've made the main turrets and just have to find lascannon parts that will do the trick. The rest of the model was sprayed black yesterday, using Tetrosyl spray paint, that I got for only £3.49 for a 400 ml can.
I've also noticed the new little boxes of Chaos cultists and bought one of them, alongside a CSM bike, as I don't want to field cultists unless they're in a unit of 20+.

Well, that's all for the moment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Primaris Space Marines and a Plague Marine

Last two Imperial Knights done and some fancy 32mm bases

Last two Skitarii vehicles, SW: Armagedon teams, Kataphron Breacher and Stormcast Eternals progress