Update on model building

So, I've built the biggish models of the kits that I bought over the past few weeks and so far I've built the proper Tyrannofex, Finecast Zoanthrope, Necron Doom Scythe and made a bit of a balls-up with the Triarch Stalker (I put the bits that the legs fit onto the wrong way round).
In progress are the revamp of my green metal Hive Tyrant into a red Swarmlord, using the bonesabre arms from the plastic kit and the Canoptek Spider. After that, there will be the unit of six Canoptek Wraiths.

Yesterday, I ended up playing a small battle (1,250 pts) with my Necrons against Space Marines and gave my Doom Scythe a debut. Well, I ended up concluding that the Doom Scythe was well worth buying once it gets up close and personal to fire its death ray. Before the death ray got shot out by a Dreadnought, it destroyed several power armour Marines, several Terminators and blew a Razorback to bits. I did get revenge on the Dreadnought by playing a little dance of moving 12" in such a way that I could shoot its back armour. I didn't achieve much on the first salvo but wrecked it on the second. My Deathmarks finally got their first battle and managed to hold up and kill a Terminator Sergeant who charged into them. In the end, the Space Marines lost by 8 kill points to 2, with only a solitary captain remaining.
The Space Marines were not helped by two Devastator squads failing break tests and running off the board after getting shot up by regular Warriors or attacked by Flayed Ones. Finally, the Necron death ray is truly a nasty weapon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last two Imperial Knights done and some fancy 32mm bases

Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Stormcast Eternals

Purple Mechanical Destroyer Meanies