Tyranid Rebuild

So, as you lot probably know, the Tyranids for Warhammer 40k are getting a new codex, which will see quite a few changes to Tyranids when it arrives next month.
Well, I ended up going to my vault and discovered some Tyranid forces I still had (i.e hadn't sold off). I still had an old Hive Tyrant, Carnifex (Screamer-killer), Zoanthrope, Ravener, Genestealers, 5 Tyranid Warriors and about 40-something Gaunts. This appears to be a viable remnant for a re-build.
So far, I've put all the bits for the Tryant together and re-based him on a 60mm round base. The Carnifex has been put back together as well, although I took a spare carapace part from a plastic Carnifex kit, cut it in half and put that on him, as well as a pointy tusk that I put on his head. I just have to find a 60mm base for him and that will be it.
The Warriors will be in 2 units - one red, one green.
The Gaunts will be all regular gaunts over 4 or 5 units, I'm not too sure about Hormagaunts, as I found them a bit too easy to break from their bases.
As for Raveners, I have one at the moment and will probably get the new plastic set and go up to 4 or 5 of them.
Of course, one model I would love to get would be the Trygon/Mawloc, as it's big and nasty and a heck of a lot cheaper than the Forgeworld model.

Then, wait until the new codex arrives before final tuning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last two Imperial Knights done and some fancy 32mm bases

Last two Skitarii vehicles, SW: Armagedon teams, Kataphron Breacher and Stormcast Eternals progress

Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Stormcast Eternals